Brendan is a former professional Ironman triathlete, a two-time Canadian 50km Ultra Marathon Champion, the creator of the award-winning line of whole food nutritional products called VEGA, and the bestselling author of the Thrive book series. He is also the founder of a national, organic, plant-based, whole food delivery service called Thrive Foods Direct.
Recognized as one of the world's foremost authorities on plant- based nutrition, Brendan is a guest lecturer at Cornell University and presents an eCornell module entitled "The Plant-Based Diet and Elite Athleticism."
The many benefits of clean, plant-based nutrition are obvious when applied to general health and wellness. However, the ability to support and enhance athletic performance leaves no clearer testament to power of plant-based foods.
Learn how to properly fuel your workouts with strategically timed nutrition. I will cover the essentials as a leading sport nutrition expert who provides advice to elite and professional athletes throughout North America.
This Learn It Live session will walk through the essentials of clean sport nutrition and provide support for users of Thrive Forwards recent Sport Edition. Thrive Forward, my latest project, is a free, online guide to plant-based nutrition. The added lessons of the Sport Edition take the Thrive Forward program a step further by providing in-depth information about sport nutrition, showing subscribers how to prepare, sustain, and recover from almost every form of training. The Sport Edition is packed with video lessons, sport nutrition tutorials, plant-based recipes, shopping lists and more.
Topics of the Clean Sport Nutrition 101 Learn it Live session will include:
1. The guiding principles of sport nutrition components of vitality, key differences between strength and endurance training and fitness capital
2. Protein for athletes how to source the best quality protein and time it right
3. Smart vs. hard training tips to work smarter, not harder
4. The importance of recovery understand the 6 key elements of recovery to elevate your game
Know. Eat. Feel. Perform. BETTER.
Learn how to enhance your overall wellbeing through clean eating. Those who choose to eat cleanly benefit from sustainable energy, high quality sleep, physical strength and mental sharpness.
Clean eating has a significant impact on wellbeing, so much so that I've made it the foundation of my recently-launched web series, called Thrive Forward: www.thriveforward.com.
Topics will include:
1- Add vs. Subtract: How to make changes to your diet without shocking your system.
2- Listen to Your Body: How to recognize cleansing symptoms.
3- How to consume enough nutrients to support your activity level.
4- The truth about processed foods, and why you should avoid them.
5- How to gain energy through nourishment, not stimulation.
6- High-net gain foods: what are they and how you can benefit from them.
Learn simple ways to reduce stress and strengthen immunity this season, through plant-based performance nutrition. Brendan Brazier will share tips from his new personalized e-learning program, Thrive Forward, launching in January of 2013.
- Nutritional stress: What it is and how it impacts your health and energy.
- High net-gain nutrition: What it is and how you can benefit from it.
- Nutrition and immune function: The profound connection, and how to eat your way to a stronger immune system.
- Enhance sleep quality (and therefore reduce amount of sleep needed to function at your best)
- Alkaline-forming nutrition: How you to ensure what you eat will enhance your body's efficiency, conserve energy and reduce stress.